Monday, January 17, 2011

... rediscovered Facebook

Yes, we are covering Facebook in this course.  I've had a Facebook account for a few years now but only rarely use it.  I mainly use it at home to discover what my 15 y.o. son is up to as verbal communciation seems to elude him most of the time.  When he removes me as a friend it's time to ask the BIG QUESTIONS!  I also find it useful for uploading video which is too big to email for my parents in the UK to watch. 

Library use?  It's hard to envisage the way most people use their private Facebook in a work context.  This is probably because I only have friends and their crazy antics on mine!  Definitely not work related...!  So, if we had a library Facebook page, what could we do that we cannot currently do with the website and library notice boards???  Having trouble thinking of an advantage but then it is still Monday morning.... I will dwell on this further...!

2 comments:

  1. ahh yes the Monday-itis ... I am yet to get to the facebook section of the course, however being a private user already i too am wondering the applications of library use, other than assisting customers on how to use it for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I think I agree with you there, we will defo be able to help our patrons with FB although it is currently a blocked site at our library I'm sure this will change.

    ReplyDelete